BATAVIA, IL — The holiday season is fast approaching and you can help make a difference in the life of a local child with a donation to Toys for Tots.
The mission of Toys for Tots is to collect new, unwrapped toys and distribute them to less fortunate children at Christmas. The original Toys for Tots project was founded in 1947 by Marine Corps Reserve Major Bill Hendricks, and it became a nonprofit public charity at the behest of the Marine Corps in 1991. The organization is still run exclusively by veteran Marines.
This year, there are hundreds of local campaigns either planned or ongoing across the United States. Batavia residents can donate toys at one of these participating locations in their town (also see below) and even host a Toys for Tots fundraising event.
- 2022 Warehouse location, 301 N. Randall Road, Batavia
- Batavia Moose Lodge, 1535 S. Batavia Ave.
- Bucek Chiropractic, 2562 W. Fabyan Parkway
- High Wire Networks, 30 N. Lincoln St.
- InsuranceDIRECT, 113 N. Batavia Ave.
- Menards, 300 N. Randall Road
- MRB Esthetics, 11 N. Batavia Ave.
The last day to donate is Dec. 12.